Haley Stuart Group is a boutique search firm specializing in positions for pharmaceutical companies. We currently have an opportunity for a Training Coordinator for a major pharmaceutical company in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
The Training Coordinator will support the scientific trainers and managers in day-to-day department operations of all training programs and department activities. This will include Ensuring that all program communications, planning, materials, and records are managed to meet the needs of the Learning and Development teams. This role will not be involved in training medical personnel, but support the scientific trainer and managers.
Position responsibilities are:
TRAINING PROGRAM LOGISTICS:
-Scheduling, communications, and ensuring effective execution of training activities.
-Provide onsite support for program logistics as needed.
Manage the creation, modification, and oversight of:
-Training agendas (TA)
- Confirm presenters participation for all training programs
- Actively manage master file of program presentations
- Arrange ground transportation for all training participants if needed
- Create, maintain, and communicate participant rooming list to hotel staff as needed
-Select and arrange food and beverage for all training programs
- Coordinate restaurant selection and logistics for training program group dinners
- Organize receptions, i.e. food & beverage, room set-up, music, invites, name badges, etc.
- Prepare and distribute Welcome Packets
- Coordinate meeting room set-up including audiovisual equipment, flip charts, etc.
- Contact Security and Reception Services via written communication to apprise them of field employees visiting our offices for training
- Prepare and distribute follow-up letters and materials to participants
- Execute training surveys and evaluations in conjunction with Learning and Development managers
- Create name badges and tent cards
TRAINING MATERIALS (JOURNAL ARTICLES, SLIDE DECKS AND OTHERS)
- Locate online, create enduring links, format bibliography
- Update references and maintain in appropriate “ e-places”: new hire and al monthly and live meeting materials
- Keep all training materials organized
- Send links for pre-training requirements
- Mail deliverables to recipients (i.e. all demonstration inhalers and hard copies of clinical trial protocols)
-Order and fact-find i.e. look up information on Web, determine pricing, copyright issues etc.
- Interface with external vendors
-Gather information as necessary to determine most efficient and cost-effective methods of production
- Coordinate logistics and communications
- Proof and edit deliverables
- Edit/format slide sets for consistency (not content)
- Interface with production (copying, graphics, tabs, assembly as needed for live meetings)
- Plan and Organize Department meetings
- Create and update calendar of events for all training and all meeting activities in each TA
- Provide administrative support to meet major project timelines and department operations
- Organize vendor list w/capabilities feedback file
- Act as liaison between L&D department and external customers
- Schedule multiple meetings and compose routine correspondence
- Develop and produce graphics for PowerPoint presentations
- Associate or undergraduate college degree.
- Administrative / secretarial degree with a minimum of 5 years related experience preferred
- 2-3 years coordination/ administration/ meeting planning experience.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- High level of proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint mandatory
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize, and manage simultaneous projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, telephone manner, personal contact
- Excellent written communications/proofreading skills
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com .