444 Louisa Avenue tampa, FL 33601
We currently have an opportunity for a Payroll Specialist with a major pharmaceutical company in the Tampa, Florida area. This role ensures accurate and timely delivery of the payroll services compliant with the organization and legal requirements; manage vendor relationships; and respond to the payroll operations queries.
• Assist Sr Payroll/tax Analyst on processes and special projects
• Provide Tier 2 (detailed) support to inquiries related to payroll
• Serve as a subject matter expert for time and attendance.
• Facilitate and participate in governance process used for analysis and approval of payroll work requests and projects.
• Collaborate with Savings Plan & Benefits to understand the savings and benefits calculations and the impact on payroll calculation.
• Coordinate with Outsourced Service Provider regarding all policies, programs and processes related to payroll.
• Work with the HR Service Delivery Team to ensure service provider is achieving Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Assess the delivery impact of any HR Management Policy changes, regulatory or compliance changes may have on the service provider and Payroll operations.
• Aid in overseeing the implementation of payroll system solutions for U.S. based acquisitions.
• Evaluate the vendor solutions for time and attendance and recommend changes as contracts are due to expire.
• Interface with HR Service Center to identify and address any administrative needs related to global compensation and benefit programs. Leverage expertise to produce solutions that enable global consistency and standardization and facilitate exceptional performance.
• Develop practical implementation plans for HR Service delivery taking into account any local regulations and/ or needs.
• Proactively develop and maintain technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices.
• Interface with payroll and benefits vendors, as needed, to ensure compliance with established procedures.
• Analyze vendor SLAs and maintain a scorecard to communicate performance to global process leaders and regional delivery leads.
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 3 years Payroll relevant business experience including experience with time and attendance.
• Experience working in a Shared Services environment and with a third party service provider.
• Strong proficiency with Excel including V-Lookups, Macros and Pivot Tables
• Comprehensive knowledge of Payroll, Payroll Tax, and Payroll Accounting and related end to end processes.
• Strong SAP Payroll technical expertise (preferably on Version 6.0) Personnel Administration and SAP Finance is preferred. (Will train if there is no SAP exp.)
• Experience with automated time and attendance systems preferably Kronos
• Strong Excel skills: Macros, V lookup and Pivot Tables
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
• Knowledge of using “ Workday Human Capital Management"