Paralegal - Corporate/Commercial Real Estate
18 Columbia Turnpike Florham Park, NJ 07932
We currently have an opportunity for Corporate/Commercial Real Estate Paralegal with a highly reputable law firm in Florham Park, New Jersey. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of commercial loans (representing both banks and borrowers), as well as handling commercial real estate closings. Position responsibilities are:
- Review of title binders and identify issues needing resolution; work with all parties to satisfy same.
- Read survey description, analyze survey and compare to title property description
- Draft and review loan documents and/or transactional real estate documents, including notes, mortgages, deeds, transfer tax forms, NJ Bulk Sales Tax forms, Affidavits of Title, leases, amendments and estoppels
- Prepare closing costs, closing statements and disbursement authorizations for funds
- Record/file all documents and handle all post-closing items through issuance of title policy including completion of post-closing binders
- Paralegal certificate or college degree with at least 5 years of related law firm experience. New Jersey Notary Public a plus.
- Must be detail orientated, an independent self-starter with ability to assist in a busy practice and have strong project management skills. The selected candidate should have the ability to assist on a file from contract negotiation/execution or loan submission through closing and be able to manage multiple transactions simultaneously.
- Prior experience representing banks/lending institutions, experience reviewing loan commitments, drafting loan documents, and reviewing all due diligence items in connection with the loan. Experience with New Jersey lending required, and New York and/or Pennsylvania lending a plus.
- Ability to handle corporate work preferred, including preparation of annual minutes, annual reports, operating agreements and by-laws.