North Country Road Port Jefferson, NY 11777
HumanHire is Long Island' s premier Healthcare recruitment firm. We are currently recruiting for a Receptionist to support the nation’ s largest private medical practice.
We are looking for 1-2 years of experience as a Medical Receptionist or Medical Secretary to work in Suffolk County.
• Greets patients and directs them to appropriate departments
• Answers multiple phone lines; directs calls and takes messages as needed
• Verifies patient information and insurance eligibility; collects payments
• Directs patients to complete forms and processes patient-related paperwork
• Informs provider’ s assistant of no shows and cancellations
• Makes follow-up appointments for patients and calls patients to confirm appointments
• Contacts “ bumped” patients and reschedules appointments as appropriate
• Performs various front-office duties in a fast-paced, customer-oriented clinical environment, as assigned
• Minimum: 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
• Minimum: Up to and including one year of experience
• Minimum: Experience working with the public
• Preferred: Over 1 year of experience and up to and including 3 years of experience
• Experience in medical reception and customer service