Medical Coding Educator
3 Delaware Drive, Suite 206 Lake Success, NY 11042
HumanHire is looking for a Coding Educator to work with a large Multi-Specialty Medical Facility located in Mineola NY. You will be responsible for managing and training the Coding staff to ensure guidelines are met for reimbursement.
• Develop relationships with clinical providers and communicate coding and documentation guidelines and requirements of the Risk Adjustment program to ensure correct coding and documentation
• Evaluate documentation to ensure that diagnosis coding is supported and meets specificity requirement to support clinical indicators.
• Query providers regarding missing, unclear or conflicting health record documentation by requesting and obtaining additional documentation within the heath record
• Analyze data to prioritize provider educational reviews.
Implement education, where necessary, and provide formal training to providers and staff regarding coding and documentation standards
• Assists with research, analysis and response to inquiries regarding compliance, coding, and inappropriate coding
• Compile data and present solutions regarding trends or patterns noticed in provider coding
• Create Policy and Procedures to be used within the department to support Best Practices
• Perform the minimum number of coding quality reviews consistent with established departmental goals
• Maintain current knowledge of coding guidelines and relevant federal regulations through the use of current ICD-10-CM book, and other pertinent materials
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of ICD-10 coding assignments in a professional setting
• Completion of coding certification course, AAPC/AHIMA and possess a CCS-P or similar certification
• Knowledge of, and adherence to ICD-10/outpatient coding guidelines
• Strong computer skills