3 Delaware Drive, Suite 206 Lake Success, NY 11042
HumanHire is looking for an experienced Medical Coding Specialist with an eye for detail and a commitment to quality patient care. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is reliable, has an in depth understanding of medical coding processes/requirements and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
• Completing work within authorized time to ensure compliance with departmental standards.
• Maintaining up to date knowledge of the agency’ s electronic health record system and assisting providers with it.
• Understanding and generating weekly receivables reports.
• Preparing and submitting provider claims to insurance carriers, following up on unpaid claims.
• Verifying all claims are clean for submission using up to date knowledge of CPT® and ICD-10-CM classification systems.
• Verifying and working with providers to ensure the use of appropriate medical coding using CPT® and ICD-10-CM classification systems.
• Highschool diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of medical experience
• 2+ years experience with CPT coding and ICD-10 coding