Corporate Paralegal-Legal Assistant
141 Mt Bethel Rd. Warren, NJ 07059
We currently have an opportunity for a Corporate Paralegal/Legal Assistant with a company in Somerset County, New Jersey. The Corporate Paralegal will provide support to the Corporate Law and Intellectual Property Corporate Counsels.
Position responsibilities are:
- Supports Corporate Law and Intellectual Property Corporate Counsels.
- Responsible for drafting and maintaining logs for litigation holds.
- Responsible for coordinating regular compliance training sessions, including preparing materials, setting up Web-Ex meetings and in-person sessions, maintaining requisite proof of training.
- Responsible for drafting legal documents and correspondence as requested by Corporate Counsel.
- Assist Corporate Counsel and take lead administration role in due diligence collection and compilation of disclosure schedules.
- Assist General Counsel with legal document revisions, retrieval, and management.
- Assist General Counsel with preparation of Board presentations and minutes.
- Perform research on public companies, as needed.
- Create and edit documents, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Manage outside counsel legal invoicing/billing, law department expenses, and coordinate payments with the Finance Department.
- Update and maintain new and renewed nondisclosure agreements with employees and third parties and track them in document management systems.
- Develop and maintain filing and asset (trademarks, mask works) tracking systems.
- Manage execution of documents during transactions.
- Provide general administrative support including expense report processing, travel arrangements, calendar management, and time reporting for Corporate Counsel.
- Prepare and file Corporate Counsel travel expense reimbursement documentation.
- Coordinate special projects as needed.
Position requirements are:
- College Degree or Paralegal Certification with 7-10 years of relevant experience
Strong technical skills with MS Office.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Ability to travel occasionally to other domestic offices.