168 Old Saw Mill River Rd Hawthorne, NY 10532
We are recruiting for a Bookkeeper to join a well-established energy efficient lighting company in Westchester, NY. The ideal candidate is a finance expert with a background mechanical construction. This position offers rewarding work with full authority in role as well as an extensive health care package including benefits.
- Manage all company finances including certified payrolls, AIA billing, accounts payable, receivable and records of insurance coverage, workers compensation, 401K, pension plans, transfer, sales, use and any other taxes required by law.
- Maintain accurate, complete and in compliance financial records.
- Assist HR in determining competitive wage rates within labor markets.
- Maintain and manage all insurance costs for the company
- Review all contracts and understand the companies financial obligations and billing requirements.
- Maintain companies AP, AR, bank reconciliations, bank transactions, journal entries, cash management and job reconciliations.
- Review and analyze financial date for month end statement preparation.
- Collaborates with external consultants, attorneys, auditors, inspectors and other agents as required.
- Works with department managers to establish budgets and perform audits on expenses to promote growth.
- 10+ years financial experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Manager in a contracting company.
- High level of federal, state and local unemployment and employee wage laws.
- Understanding of all taxes: sales, use, payroll.
- Bilingual-English/Spanish preferred.
- Proficient in Peachtree and QuickBooks software programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding time management capabilities and adherence to deadlines.
We hope you will consider applying to the Bookkeeper role which offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this posting or email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.