Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Real Estate Paralegal with a growing law firm in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
Position responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Handle commercial real estate transactions from commencement to closing.
- Review title binders and identify issues needing resolution; work with all parties to satisfy same.
- Read survey description, analyze survey and compare to title property description.
- Draft and review commercial loan documents and/or transactional real estate documents, including notes, mortgages, deeds, transfer tax forms, Affidavits of Title, leases, amendments and Estoppels.
- Prepare closing costs, closing statements and disbursement authorizations for funds.
- Record/file all documents and handle all post-closing items through issuance of title policy including completion of post-closing binders.
- Review title reports, appraisal, zoning reports and bank statements as required.
- Interface with clients, banks and title companies to prepare closing documents.
Position requirements are:
- Paralegal certificate or college degree with at least 5 years of related commercial real estate experience in a law firm.
- Must be detail orientated, an independent self-starter with ability to assist in a busy practice and have strong project management skills. The selected candidate should have the ability to assist on a file from contract negotiation/execution or loan submission through closing and be able to manage multiple transactions simultaneously.
- Prior experience representing banks/lending institutions, experience reviewing loan commitments, drafting loan documents, and reviewing all due diligence items in connection with the loan. Experience with New Jersey lending required, and New York and/or Pennsylvania lending a plus.
- Ability to handle corporate work preferred, including preparation of annual minutes, annual reports, operating agreements and by-laws.
- New Jersey Notary Public a plus.