Cisco telephone end user support
4 WTC 150 Greenwich Street New York, NY 10007
The Project Staffing Contractor shall serve as a Cisco IP Telephone contractor working for the Technology Infrastructure Unit within the Technology Department, which is responsible for providing support for the Agency’ s Cisco based IP Phones.
Under the direction of the Manager of Technical Services, the Telephone User Support Project Contractor will support the day to day VOIP related needs and questions. Dispatch and if necessary install telecom devices in all Agency facilities.
The successful candidate will work independently as well as with both contractor and staff resources of different Units and Departments throughout the Agency to deliver work products including but not limited to:
A. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configure, change, deploy and break/fix office Cisco IP Phone equipment and services.
- Assist with the research, evaluation, design, selection, testing, planning and deployment of potential telecom technology solutions.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve basic to complex Cisco IP Phone technical user questions and issues with office devices and facilities. Escalate unresolved issues to appropriate channels.
- Document actions taken to resolve all issues and close incident tickets in a timely manner. Use the Authority’ s incident management systems (currently Heat 9.0). Close tickets in a timely manner. Document solutions and add them to knowledgebase.
- Develop concise user manuals and other documentation using standard SCA templates or as directed.
- Train users on the use of Cisco IP telecom devices
- Ensure prompt and accurate maintenance of inventory-related data
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of mobile computing and telephony, including but not limited to device management and deployment, understanding application and operating systems (Blackberry, Window/Active Synch and Android platforms)
- Excellent English oral, written and listening communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with service desk Software (heat 9.0 preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
C. HIGHLY DESIRABLE:
- Certification on Cisco Unified Call Manager v7.0 VOIP and Cisco Unity Connection or Nortel BCM 400
- Experience with Zenprise mobile device management software
- Apple mobile and desktop technical proficiency
- Telecommunications certification on Cisco Unified Call Manager V7.0 VOIP and Cisco Unity Connection or Nortel BCM 400