Legal Assistant position - Family law - Hybrid opportunity
21 Main Street Suite 354 Hackensack, NJ 07601 US
We currently have an opportunity for a Legal Assistant - Family Law with a growing law firm in the Hackensack, New Jersey area. This is a hybrid role with remote flexibility.
Position responsibilities are:
· Assist attorneys with trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions with exhibits,?organizing discoveries, and coordinating with witnesses
· Partner with attorneys in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence including interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
· Draft Case Information Statements and prepare child support guidelines
· Communicate and correspond with clients, opposing counsel, and court staff
· Manage attorneys’ calendars including confirming and coordinating court appearances, meetings, etc/
· Assist with court filings, preparing motions, and coordinating process servers
· Follow-up with attorneys of deadlines for filings, appearances, meetings, etc.
· Handle various administrative duties such as maintaining proper electronic files and hard-copy files as needed.
Position requirements are:
· At least 3 years of experience supporting attorneys with family law cases
· Excellent organizational and client relations skills
· Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize work
· Enjoy interacting with both clients and potential clients
· Proficiency with MS Office